GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD Empty
PostSubject: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:26 am

TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD Toonami_wp1_1440x900

TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD Tumblr_mlzkdhEdZ91qg304ho1_400

TOONAMI!

This is the general thread for Toonami, the iconic programming block that once served as the main attraction and center core for Cartoon Network. And was also the iconic programming block that help expose and introduce anime to the general public to the point of changing a generation's cultural focus and create millions of anime/manga fans who experienced it. From Dragonball Z, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, and many other great anime series etc. And of course there were the enjoyable non-shows like Batman The Animated Series and Reboot. :)But the block proved to more than just an anime/cartoon block, it hosted videogame reviews, cinematic character/stories based on TOM and Sarah, and literally taught inspirational lessons and advice to its viewing audiences.  

TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD TOM_Evolution
And of course by TOM, I mean the host of Toonami. While originally it was Moltar in the beginning, the Absolution's command and Toonami's legacy was passed down to T.O.M. A friendly host that many fans consider to be more than just a robot, but a great inspirational figure that provides motivational advice and inspiration to his viewers. This is displayed through his speeches and Toonami's music videos. A figure with a passionate welcoming personality that made the character extremely memorable throughout the passing years. Of course, TOM eventually attained a partner, the Absolution's A.I called Sarah. A co-host of Toonami that accompanies TOM through every adventure and outing of Toonami.

While a incredibly well received programming block, in September of 2008, when a new director was appointed as CEO and wanted to bring a new era for CN by bringing in live action cartoons and generally cutting off almost all forms of anime. And finding Toonami to a block that provided violent anime, Stuart decided to cancel Toonami. Fast forward 4 years later, April 1st 2012, Adult Swim decided to pull off an April Fools night in bringing back Toonami and running the finales of all of their hit anime shows. To which started a highly explosive internet chain reaction that lead to the powerful revival of the current Toonami you see before you now. It took a lot of effort, with the entire #BringBackToonami campaign, but every fan made it a reality for May 26th 2012, Toonami was revived at long last.
TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOQk2mjjloMUiixQaYh8PzZnUvErF6sxdsJ9N5TbZrmEohguL4tg

Toonami needed a lot of support(It still needs it even now), still rather weak from its Resurrection but now in 2014 it has only gotten strong, bringing popular anime hits like Space Dandy, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Deadman Wonderland, while mixing in a few classic oldies such as Cowboy Bebop, IGPX, Ghost in the Shell etc! And coming soon this May on Toonami is:

The incredibly popular Attack on Titan anime, and another brand new season of Space Dandy. As well as bringing Beware The Batman to the table as well along with all of the un-aired episodes.

Every night at 11:30 PM, the time in which Toonami airs on Saturdays, I'll be posting up my followings of the block and of course I'll post up any updates and announcements as well :DFrom music videos, contests, game reviews, or interesting Toonami breaks. Anyone else who follows and watches Toonami are more than welcomed to join me! So how many of you know Toonami? Did you enjoy the block? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 1:48 am

Toonami! I too follow Toonami as well, I followed it ever since I first experienced when I was a small kid. (I'm a 90's kid) I still remember racing home from School to catch Dragonball Z, Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, Zoids, and Gundam Wing. Looking back and forth between my TV and my homework as I just drowned in the epicness that is Toonami! I absolutely love everything about, from the Rising Sun, Toonami(Afternoon/Evening), and Midnight Run. Such great memories, how I missed those golden days.

When it was cancelled I have to admit, I shed a tear, I mean, it just came out of nowhere and it just tore my down when Toonami was unplugged. But when Adult Swim brought it back April 1st 2012, and offered to resurrect it, like a soldier called to arms I marched alongside legions of Toonami fans to make it all happen. And now it's back! It has evolved quite well since that faithful day of revival. And now it looks better than ever! I still miss anime shows like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, but change is good. Who knows, maybe they'll bring it back someday. But until then I'll gladly enjoy my One Piece, Attack on Titan, Space Dandy, and Naruto!
Back to top Go down
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Toonami fans ahoy!!! I've been keeping tabs on Toonami from beginning to now! I remember the BringBackToonami campaign like it was yesterday. I had never tweeted so much in my entire life before! And I don't generally like twitter! But for Toonami I was willing to throw down and tweet like I never tweeted before! (Which was pretty much never lmao) As soon as I saw it return on Adult Swim, I just felt hyped, still do even now when it comes on the air lol
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:40 am

Toonami's rocking the night! I've enjoyed my Space Dadny, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, and Black Lagoon! I'm not sure if I'll continue the night, I had loads of college work to do so I'll need to conserve my strength...Sigh...Summer can't come soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Well Toonami was pretty enjoyable last night, it aired an Amazing Spiderman 2 Promo and another trailer for Attack on Titan, which airs this upcoming Saturday Very Happy Looking forward to seeing everyone back in space soon!
Back to top Go down
KING_KAIJU

KING_KAIJU

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

while i like old toonami better not only did i like the shows a little and they had more of the robots and the two hellboy specials blood and iron and sword of storms but it was the way i originally got introduced to anime. i do like the way new toonami turned out they got rid of eureka 7 and are adding attack on titan soon i cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Yeah I remember Eureka 7 from where it aired on normal Adult Swim, never watched it but caught the beautiful finale. When it was returning, but upon Toonami, I decided I would try to catch the entire series!

Man...That was WAY too much love, I can enjoy a story of romance and love. But MAN, I just couldn't stomach it. It isn't terrible but it isn't my cup of tea either. So at the mid-way point of the series I just decided to cut myself off until the final episode.

I'm not sure why, but when it comes to finales/final episodes I tend to actually begin missing the anime shows as everything starts to conclude to a big finish. I'm not sure where it comes from, but I think it came from DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, when Goku sacrificed himself in the Cell Saga and Gohan defeating Cell. That waving passionate "See Ya Later" got to me as a young viewer. Of course at the time, there was no word of the Buu Saga so many kids like myself thought it was over. It really made me appreciate the life and runtime of an anime show. Even If I don't find a series completely enjoyable, I'll appreciate the time I invested into it.

Is that weird? lmao
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:52 pm

OH! Watched Toonami again last weekend, Attack on Titan was insanely epic! It was much more grim and disturbing than I had originally thought, but the intensity and action of it all was impressive. Well animated and structured!

If kaiju anime was ever created in this day and age, get the animators of Attack on Titan to do it!

Beyond that, BLEACH is on its last anime arc, the Full-Bringer Arc, and the starter episode of it was surprisingly good and entertaining. The aftermath of Ichigo's life after losing his powers was a very interesting aspect to follow. And seeing everyone in a light time-skip was also interesting as well. I wonder what's going to happen once the arc ends. BLEACH isn't over yet manga-wise, so are they going to take the anime off the air and replace it?

Space Dandy was a joy as always, same with Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, and Blue Exorcist. The rest of time was mildly entertaining, I think went out at Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Dragon Ball Z Kai to Toonami Fall 2014
The series that started it all in the USA is finally returning home! Dragon Ball Z Kai makes it’s way to Toonami on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim this Fall 2014! The original show, Dragon Ball Z, captivated the imagination of millions of fans across the Nation in the early 2000′s, ranging from small kids to adults. This great news comes straight from Toonami and the company behind the series in North America, FUNimation.

Sweet! DBZ is coming back to Toonami! Last week, DBZ visited Toonami in the form of Cooler's Revenge, and it was a grand showing of nostalgia! Although it was the more original Funimation version without the disturbed music and all, a bit disappointing for some, but still enjoyable none the less Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:14 am

Alright, ready for another night of Toonami! I've missed a night or two, so I have some dedicated making up to do. Not sure how great a night it'll be in the next several minutes but hopefully Toonami will be fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:00 am

Well Attack on Titan just wrapped up and ended, intense episode, filled with action and raw emotion. You can really taste the despair and horror everyone feels when the Titans make their next landfall. Of course the real hook is the big setup for Eren and what's to come, can't wait for next Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:41 am

BLEACH was a decent episode, looove hearing Nothing to Explain OST, ah so many memories, gotta add that to my playlist on my Vita lol In the meantime, Naruto Shippuden is taking a crack at things.

OH! AND THE INTRUDER 2, THE HYPE IS REAL!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:21 am

Well Toonami ended quite well, it was another awesome night! Attack on Titan was killer, Space Dandy was cool babe, BLEACH was interesting, Shippuden was at least decent, One Piece was fun, Blue Exorcist was intense, and generally everything else was enjoyable Very Happy Until next time Toonami, later!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:58 am

Well, thus far, TOONAMI has been rocking the night, I've been loving Attack on Titan! I've read the manga so technically, I already know what happens next. But seeing it all in animation and in motion, so amazing! I don't think I'll be tuning in for the rest of the night, I have some work to rampage on with my Gormaru Series. And that takes a LOT of effort hahah.

I might try to catch the last hour should I still be awake. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD   TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

TOONAMI GENERAL THREAD
Page 1 of 1