GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD

Go down 
+3
G-Matt
Razor286
Valkiryu
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OniGoji

OniGoji

HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD Empty
PostSubject: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:41 am

One of the many enjoyable ways of relaxing at the island is by expressing how you've been and how your day has been. Did anything make your day? Did anything ruin your day? Was it fair? Disappointing? Average? Did anything special? Let us know!

I'll personally start Wink

Yesterday has been pretty interesting and exciting, while outside was pretty dull, here on Gormaru Island was pretty amazing. I had the chance to meet new members, get to know them, welcome them, and invest some time into them as well. Plus we got a new moderator: AdventDestriny!
And watching more members arrive, it's pretty amazing to see the community gradually growing Very Happy I hope to have another impacting experience like that again real soon upon the island Smile
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:49 am

Well, the day just starter anew nearly two hours ago EST time, so I'll say that it's off to a fine start from where I stand.

Now if you mean by yesterday than I have the same mindset as you OniGoji, it was fantastic here! We had a wonderfully addition of new members, both expressive, accepting, and pleasantly welcoming. Sir Knightmare showed to be a splendid newcomer, and AdventDestiny proved to a member with vast potential that could help this island for the better besides myself. And all the others who have joined, you're welcomed islanders and I hope to get to know each and every one of you personally than I have when inviting you Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:17 am

Well, let's see; I just joined a new, awesome kaiju community, helped spread word of the group on a couple of sites, and became a new moderator... all in 12 hours! I'd call this an excellent day! Now I'm going to bed, here's hoping that the tomorrow will be even greater!
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:26 am

Rest well AdventDestiny, and thanks again for the effort you invested into the community! See you again later on today!
Back to top Go down
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 am

This time the day was much more busy than usual for me, barely had much time to relax upon the island! Plus with it raining and having to do to work, it wasn't my best day to be honest. But the time I did have on the island yesterday kept the entire day from plummeting to a complete downer. Today, hopefully looks to be a better one, I enjoy talking with you guys!
Back to top Go down
Valkiryu

Valkiryu

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Today for me started odd - slept weird so my back and ribcage were sore most of the morning. Still a little sore, but I'm not wincing whenever I take a deep breath. This morning I also drove in the first thunderstorm of the season. Very Happy Then when the mail came, I got a couple pendants I had ordered from the Czech Republic, so the day then became officially awesome!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:50 am

My day was pretty tiresome, had to work on a exhausting load of college finals. That and worrying about a few family ordeals have been crunching down on me lately. Haven't been getting much sleep either, so that's taking a huge toll on me as well @x@ All of this has been stressing me out. Hopefully none of this bleeds out into the rest of my week.

Probably try to take a break and not stress too much about everything. Get a clear head, get things done at a more stable pace, and just try to relax a bit. Perhaps spend more time upon the island ^_^
Back to top Go down
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm having a fair day today mostly, turned in a few of my finals and managed to spruce up some free time for myself. So I'm enjoying that here upon the island, might go outside later on, looks to be a very beautiful sunny day out there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KING_KAIJU

KING_KAIJU

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:33 pm

well i've had a pretty emotionally heart throbbing day the names johnathon wood aka KING_KAIJU by the way im new here and this is my first post. anyways i am just figured out this girl i asked out a few weeks ago has a crush on another guy and now i have feelings for her again. to make matters worse she told me about it on facebook wanting advice. i told her she had to tell him how she felt or it was going to circle around in her head for a long time i know because i had it happen. that was the hardest part i wanted to tell her lies and tell her that i needed her and all that but its not the right thing to do and now i cant stop thinking about her.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:47 pm

The ethical dilemma; tell the truth and spend wakeless nights dreaming of what could have been, or tell a lie and despise yourself for doing such a selfess thing...

You know, I'm not a good judge of this, since I've never dated a day of my life [means I get the lamest guy ever award, thank you very much  ] but from my stand point it's better to be honest than to tempt bad karma, so I think what you did was the right and noble thing; being a good person's rough, I know, but if it didn't have it's rewards than there'd be no good people left on Earth!

PS: Welcome to Gormaru Island! cheers 
Back to top Go down
KING_KAIJU

KING_KAIJU

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:57 pm

thanks dood and it's ok if you havnt dated anybody ive only had 2 girlfriends ever and one hates me what does that say about me. im not a master at getting girlfriends but i am pretty good at taking rejection and moving on and thats all you can do so stick in there theres someone out there for you. thanks for welcoming me by the way.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:59 pm

You're welcome! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 5:09 am

Hmm...Well, let's see...I've been in that situation before, it was in middle school but I still remember quite well.

I crushed on a girl in the same grade as myself, we were both in 8th grade and we were good friends. Her name was Gina Tang, in the course of it all I developed feelings for her, and after several failed attempts in mustering up the courage to express my feelings, I finally managed to do it...On the last day of school. Yeah, I know not the best idea, almost cliche-like.

It was the last few minutes of school, I was a bus rider and she a car rider, we had the same 4th period class together and during last announcements everyone was getting ready to leave middle school behind and enjoy the summer. By endgame-law, when the end is in sight, you either burn out or you lay all your cards on the table. To expect the worst, but hope for the best, YOLO, all or nothing, etc.

So I did just that, I pulled her aside to talk to her but before I could confess, she asked me for some last minute advice. I listened to what she had to say. In this moment I find out she liked another guy in our grade named Justin and she was going to confess to him at dismissal. Basically it was my plan, but I didn't belong within her equation. To say the least, knowing that punched a hole straight through me. So I found myself with two choices:

A. Still confess my feelings to her then and there, even though she's interested in someone else.

B. Bury my feelings for her, and as her friend just offer my advice and just hope she finds her happiness. Even if I'm not it.

I chose B.

I gave her my best advice, she took it, and she gave me a hug just as the final bell rung with school officially ending. I never regretted my decision, it rattled my mind all day and to make matters worse she was going to a different High School than I was, and potentially moving to a new neighborhood.
So it really was endgame but I didn't regret it. It was the beginning of summer after all, and I was entering a new phase in my life. So moving on and accepting what was, was the only path to walk on. Do I still thinking about what could have been? Sometimes, she's not on facebook, and I lost touch with her years ago when she did move.

My advice to you is don't linger on what could have been, be proud that you actually learned to see through your own desire and to help her find happiness. I'm sure it's tough on you since you seem to genuinely like her, but try looking on the brighter side of things and move on. I'm sure you'll find your own happiness sooner or later. Very Happy

And welcome to the island my friend!

Back to top Go down
G-Matt

G-Matt

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Man, have I had a pretty dreary day. Right after I woke up, I found out that my nose was completely stuffy, thanks to all these pollen allergies. I'm feeling considerably better now, but I'd rather my nose got normal sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 am

Well, today's been a real slow one... almost zero activity, save for the new member that joined today [who also happens to be a friend of mine from deviantArt] and the new Godzilla trailer on YouTube, which I posted here today... first time I inserted a YouTube video into a post, I love this site's interface system!

So I guess it wasn't as slow a day, maybe a little lonely. Sad 
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Things will pick back up real soon, I actually plan on opening the island to several people ^_^ So not to worry! In the meantime I do apologize for my own inactivity, I've managed to take down two of my Finals, and I only have 1 left. So once that hits, I'll be busy until it's finished. But until then I'm pretty open right now!

My day has been pretty exhausting, draining, and yet still completely entertaining to say the least! So much hype from the latest GODZILLA trailer and the grand anticipation really brighten up my day. May 16th can't come soon enough! Although sadly I still have to tone things down a bit, tomorrow there will be serve thunderstorms with a high chance of Tornadoes touching down. Now I live in Charlotte North Carolina, so Tornadoes aren't common and rarely show(Thank God-Zilla!) So while the storms will be hitting, I hope not funnels swirl from the skies.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah, it'd probably be real difficult for us to keep this place going if you got sucked up by a rogue tornado or something! No

As for what was going today, well thankfully things picked up, if only briefly, though the one major blemish of the day was my internet connection stopped working right when I had posted my new set of rules for the Daikaiju Academy General Hub... I had that thing almost perfect, after an hour's work, only to have everything I did go down the drain! Mad  Then I had to get started over again, with my second draft just not quite as good as the first...
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:13 am

Well my day was looking quite bright, the sun was out, May is here, and I was going to jump back on some Gormaru related work and spend more time on the island. But unfortunately, life has other plans for me..

Well...Looks like my little break time is over. I originally thought I would have a little bit of this and next week off before my last Final. Which my teacher said would be held on the 7th and give us until the 13th to finish, but he just recently posted that the class has until next Monday to finish and turn it in. His needed perfect assignments take at least nearly two weeks to get done at best!

Sigh...I'll be mostly off of the island for the remainder of this week until Tuesday midnight. I have less than a week to do this. Wish me luck everyone, I'm really going to need it.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:54 am

Good luck, I'll try and keep the place from going haywire in the mean time!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyThu May 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Power Blitz my last Final! Phew!
HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD Tumblr_mkpku6odo51rks9x0o1_500_by_mabelpines2001-d684yv0
Well I have now officially taken out all of my Finals. It took me a long while, but seeing how the Final wasn't incredibly as hard as I had feared I managed to take it down.

Now then, my second college semester finally wraps up on my second year. No more assignments to do! Next week is pretty much the last week of college before the summer starts. But seeing how I've finished all of my classes, I might as well say that my Summer has just begun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyThu May 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Really?! After you making sound like it'd be a life and death struggle, only to finish it in a day! Shocked Man, you are a soldier!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Thank you! xD I never blitz through any assignment before in my entire life. I suppose the fear of getting a large final down in less than 5 days got to me, and I just plowed through it. Of course it wasn't in the fashion of "Oh, rushed it, and now it'll turn out horrible." I took legitimate care in completing it, and now I'm finished. Very Happy Thank God-Zilla!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:51 pm

MY current day has been very nice, despite a painful busy week I have to say that today has been forgiving to me. I might even go outside, it's a beautiful day, nicely sunny with clear skies. And it's a great time to relax and enjoy a breather from life, plus it's a soothing way to relax my hype meter as the hype train marches into next week >w<

Ah...What to have for lunch...Probably have some Arby's then watch Destroy All Monsters ^_^
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:23 am

Well it is officially here, SUMMER! The second year of College has finally come to an end, thank goodness! Now I can sit back and relax upon the island ^_^ I'm not going to stretch myself out too much over my vacation but I have made a list on what I plan to do over it:

-Go See GODZILLA at least Three Times (Or more if it's really, really good!)
-Work on inviting more newcomers to Gormaru Island and place up Banners for it ^_^
-Work and finish on my first Kaiju Girl
-And of course, last but not least, work on more of my GORMARU series
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD EmptyWed May 14, 2014 2:04 am

I've got a couple of tasks I'd like to get organized and started this summer too;

1. Start fine tuning an original Tokusatsu themed storyline, in the hopes of making it into a marketable franchise. Got lots of ideas and concepts in my head, just need to start posting them online for others to critique!

2. Start work on a Kaiju/Monster Girl themed side-series as well. Again, I've got lot's of ideas, but I need to work on them before making any official future plans!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD   HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW'S YOUR DAY THREAD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next