GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

30 Day Kaiju Art Challenge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

Kaiju - 30 Day Kaiju Art Challenge Empty
PostSubject: 30 Day Kaiju Art Challenge   Kaiju - 30 Day Kaiju Art Challenge EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 4:31 pm

Recently, when I was playing around with the idea of trying to do the 30 Day Monster Girl Challenge, I started thinking... why isn't there a 30 Day Kaiju Challenge? So, I decided to create one! Here's some simple rules:

Artists must draw a kaiju a day, for 30 days, to the best of their abilities [they can also do several kaiju on the same day, then just take a brake during the "spare" days they have]. The 30 categories were developed by me, and hopefully represent a nicely progressive challenge for artists participating in it...

Biped Saurian Kaiju
Quadruped Saurian Kaiju

Flying Kaiju [doesn't matter if it uses wings or jets, as long as flight is the most central element of the design!]
Burrowing Kaiju
Insect Kaiju
Arachnid Kaiju
Amphibious Kaiju
Aquatic Kaiju
Blob Kaiju
Plant Kaiju
Kaiju Abomination
[this has to be a malformed, mutated kaiju, something hideous, even by kaiju standards!]
Undead Kaiju
Transforming Kaiju Early stage forms
[can show a maximum of three alt forms together, but they all have to be the same kaiju in different forms]
Transforming Kaiju Final Form!
Mystical Kaiju
Alien Kaiju
Mecha Kaiju
Mammalian Kaiju

Cyborg Kaiju [doesn't matter if it's another alien, as long as it's obviously at least 50% machine!]
Baby Kaiju
Superhero Kaiju
Supervillain Kaiju

Yokai Kaiju [A kaiju directly inspired by a creature from Japanese mythology, like an Oni, Kappa, Tengu, etc.]
Legendary Kaiju [something from mythology, a "real-world" kaiju, so to speak!]
Favorite Kaiju Type [any type of kaiju not already on this list, or just another version of one of the archetypes above!]
Favorite Kaiju Character [For this one, I'll be expecting someone besides Godzilla, King Kong, or Gamera... but it's okay if do choose one of them!]
A Truly Beautiful Kaiju [Anything that should look beautiful from anyone else's perspective, doesn't matter if it's a living cathedral or a giant naked woman...  ]
Group of Kaiju Combiners [They can be organic, magical, mechanical, or whatever, as long as they look like they go together!]
Kaiju Combined! [Must be kaiju from the previous challenge!]
Celebrate Kaiju Eiga!!!

Comment if you have any thoughts on improving this challenge. And who knows, while we're at it, maybe we should consider doing a 30 Day Kaiju Girl Challenge as well?!
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com

30 Day Kaiju Art Challenge
Page 1 of 1