GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GORMARU Update HUB

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 1:28 pm

GORMARU Update HUB: General topic that posts up all updates for the GORMARU series, including series updates, daikaiju updates, new daikaiju challengers, development changes and notes, and everything else in general!

GORMARU Update HUB Gormaru_official_logo_by_boogie209-d70inlj

Everything-March 11th:

New Official Gormaru Plot:
Gormaru is an ancient unidentified monstrosity that once thrived within an age of monsters from Earth's primal past, the Carboniferous Era.
It wasn't until a massive cataclysm were the creatures locked away within a state of dormancy, their lifeless tombs being the world that they once ruled. It wasn't until World War II and the ravages of inhumanity, did the most horrific of such monsters reawakened back into the world, emerging from the epic-center of the haunting impact site of the first Atomic Bombing. Reborn through the ashes of their shattered world, and mutated by the radioactive Hell-blast born from man's inhumanity. Resurrected and dethrone in a world no longer his own, a world of fiends out to cease his existence, the atomic monstrosity reduced Japan to utter ruin. Sending everything to smoldering darkness. Gormaru made his presence known, howling a challenge of war upon the forces of humanity. Its world crumbling roar, a bitter declaration of merciless annihilation. As other monsters rise within the world from Gormaru's presence and the ravages of humanity's past world war, the fate of the world is plunged into the warpath of a new age of monsters.
Recap and New Series Details:

-GORMARU is the title daikaiju of my series, so the story will revolve around him and the world affected by him.
-There will be human protagonists, but they'll small and will act as secondary/support characters.
-There will be 18 Daikaiju within the series, each one distinct, unique, and special in their own way.
-Some monsters will be dropped or redesigned to fit more naturally into my series. (Gormaru, Hyo-Jin, Vilenoc, and Behemoth won't be changed as they are now since I'm perfectly satisfied with them! Terrotrus will be redesigned on the other hand. And Glutt might be redesigned as well)
-The atmosphere will remain the same, as in having that 1950's and 60's giant monster feel since the setting overall will be set in the mid 1950's. (Haven't decided upon a specific date yet though)
---------------------------------------------------------
-Gormaru has a official bio and origin update, and this change is final to the character.
-The Story is no longer revolved around World War II, but is in fact a original universe all in itself
-Official Kaiju Roster thus far:
-Hyo-Jin
-Terrotrus
-Glutt
-Behemoth
-Kyotushi

(The total roster number is 18 daikaiju, so there's still more new challengers to come!)

-Gormaru's official character sheet and art has been completed
-Hyo-Jin's character sheet is close to completion!

-Concept art for Glutt and Terrotrus are being tweaked and will be released soon
-Concept for Kyotushi is half way done! (Still need to workout her Adult Form!)

Last edited by Boogie209 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:29 pm

NEW UPDATE: It has been a very long while since I've last updated my Gormaru Series, then again I am been plenty busy with Finals, structuring the Island, and handling work. Mostly work and some play, and very little time. But with summer here, I'll have more time!!!

And here's the first hit! HYO-JIN'S CHARACTER SHEET!
GORMARU Update HUB Oggre_the_abominable_beast__by_boogie209_davy3lt_by_boogie209-db196hj

It took some major time like with GORMARU, but overall, everything came out wonderfully crafted and well done. Smile

Last edited by Boogie209 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Small update, but an update none the less!!!
GORMARU Update HUB Original_gormaru_gamma_horror_of_the_deepofficial__by_boogie209-db1969x

I finally managed to get down GORMARU's name in Japanese kanji, freaking awesome!!!
It was thanks to a great friend of mine who's Japanese, and graciously helped me out with it Smile

Now then, beyond that I will say, the next major update hit will be another monster hit! Who will be
the next official new challenger to be revealed in all of its glory? Well, you'll have to wait and see!
 Cool

Last edited by Boogie209 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:46 pm

UPDATE:

TERROROK CHARACTER SHEET!!!

This one took some major time to pull off because building a powerful winged monster isn't as simple or as easy as it sounds lol
But I didn't want just that, I wanted this one to mirror the aspects of looking agile, firmly bulked, yet had a build that was powerful looking
like a Gargoyle. And that was what I drew most of my creative build from, Gargoyles, although with several aspects of saurian traits tossed
into the mix!
GORMARU Update HUB Terrorok_official_character_sheet_by_boogie209-d7t77hq

Last edited by Boogie209 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:23 pm

These are some really well done original kaiju!
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 am

Thank you!!! ^_^ This one was a little bit tough, winged creatures are quite troublesome in creating. But he really came out well enough I suppose! Next trinity of Gormaru Monsters will be all female!
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Actual female kaiju or kaiju girls?
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 6:17 pm

They will be actual female kaiju lol Kaiju from my GORMARU series roster that I have crafted out Very Happy The Kaiju Girls I have planned are still in the "Near Completion Stage" ^_^ So they aren't too far off as well!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:51 am

HUGE GORMARU UPDATE!!

It has certainly be a long time since I've last updated this particular section. But better late than never right? Very Happy In this update, I bring multiple news!

NEWS and Updates:
-There will now be around 15-16 distinct daikaiju for the Gormaru Series instead of 18.
-Vilenoc, Ruina, Kuuroshi, Yamato-Gekido, and Zsaborfang have been completed and are official monsters of the series roster! Haibu is also an official member, and is nearly completed!

-The storyboard of chapter 01 is nearly finished, still have worked to do. But once it is finished, expect the chapter in its full manga form sometime this year!

-From the looks of it, there will potentially be 5-6 male monsters, 4-5 female monsters, and several Unknown Gender monsters as well.

-I have yet to decide who will be the first official monster that Gormaru battles against. Such a privilege is usually difficult to determine since most of the monsters are opponents who are placed for later encounters as the story progresses. But overall, I might lean towards a monster who I have been working on for a while.(Aside from Haibu)

-There is a main human protagonist named Makoto Yamane, he'll be the lead male character of GORMARU. Although there will be other main support characters as well, and a possibly lead female character.

-Yes there will be aliens, it wouldn't be a true 1950's style monster story without them!

-Gormaru(Series) actually has a theme with its story - Inhumanity. During WW2, the hatred, rage, sorrow, and bitterness spilled from the war reduced mankind to hideous monsters(In a metaphoric sense). In their waking of being such tragic souls, unleashed their wrath of inhumanity, which ultimately lead to the events of Hiroshima, and the revival of Gormaru! Gormaru embodies the inhumanity that had plagued the hearts of mankind during WW2. Their rage, their hatred, their lost, their suffering. He is all of these things.

-Gormaru(Monster) is the protagonist on the monster side of things, however he is by no means a hero. Given what his character embodies, Gormaru is destruction itself. However in terms of character, he is a mixture of Chaotic Neutral and Anti-Villain roots. Gormaru serves as the rival nemesis of Makoto Yamane.

-KIRIN are the main antagonist of the Gormaru(series) as their organization brought about the revival of Gormaru, and are secretly producing powerful monsters as weapons of mass destruction for potential global conquest.
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:06 pm

NEW GORMARU UPDATE:

It has been a long while, but there have been plenty of developments throughout my giant monster series! Honestly, looking at it all I'm truly proud of myself and how far I've gone. I still have a long way to go, but the future is looking bright and solid!

UPDATES:
1. Gormaru(Atomic Horror of the Deep)'s character details have been completely ironed out!

Gormaru is a prehistoric terrestrial that originated from the molten core of ancient Earth, existing between the Mantle and Outer Core of the planet. It's unknown how such an unique organism came to be given the extreme nature of its nearly inhabitable habitat, but given that the realm of the Earth's core still remains unexplored, many mysteries continue to be buried beyond mankind's understanding. Why Gormaru was founded so close to the surface of the planet, while a mystery in itself, it is scientifically assumed that the creature was forced from his habitat by global disruptions and cataclysms that drastically affected the inner realm of the planet. Disruptions both natural like meteorite impacts and earthquakes. And man-made, such as World War I and II.

The Manhattan Project from the American Forces, and the emulated Manhattan Project by the secret joint-nation organization dubbed KIRIN. Such weapons unfortunately were the greatest disruptions, setting off the accumulative result of unleashing Gormaru! Hellishly mutated and reawakened by the wrathful fires of mankind's inhumanity, the dormant monstrosity was revived as an Atomic Horror of the Deep. A penance of destruction!

Detailed Notes:
-Gormaru is officially established as a giant monster that originated between the Mantle and Outer Core realm of prehistoric Earth. An ancient terrestrial organism that was unearthed by global disruptions and cataclysms, both natural and man-made. He is not a dinosaur nor is he a reptile of any kind despite his reptilian characteristics.

-Given Gormaru's original habitat, this makes the monster a natural conduit of radiation. As the mantle and outer core are both realms that contain radiation within their environments. However the overload of radiation from mankind's atomic bombs and gamma tests, were too much for his biology to maintain, ultimately mutating Gormaru into the destruction. In his present state, Gormaru's biology is now capable due to the forceful mutation. His adaptive mutation enabling him to absorb and regulate mankind's empowered forms of radiation without fail.

-Gormaru, in the effort to keep the outer core liquid within his body energized, he feeds off of radiation, preferably gamma radiation. However if there is no resource of it, as a replacement, he will feed off of molten magma or living organisms to keep himself fueled and ablaze.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2: GORMARU SERIES and Monsters are Officially Copyrighted!! (Although technically kinda old news)

You've read correctly! Gormaru Atomic Horror of the Deep has been protectively copyrighted! I have official seals of approval and documentation papers, protecting Gormaru, Hyo-Jin, Terrorok, Ruina, Vilenoc, Yamato-Gekido, Kuuroshi, and Zsaborfang! Along with the existence of my series as well! I still need to protect future giant monsters and everything else tied to the series. But I'll come along to that road whenever I am ready! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:09 am

HUGE GORMARU UPDATE!!! (2015)

Big Gormaru update making official landfall! It has been a long time coming, but a lot of progress has been made and cemented Very Happy
First things first:

MONSTER ROSTER OFFICIAL AND FINALIZED: The Gormaru Series Roster has at long last, been realized into complete existence. It
wasn't easy, and I actually made a few cuts for better character creations. I have settled on the number of 14 Monsters total!
Seven "defender" alignment monsters and seven "destroyer" alignment monsters. Even right down the middle! The remaining
monsters will be gradually revealed in their own time Very Happy So stay tune!

Main Human Cast/Main Groups/Official Plot Summary Finished: The official main cast of human characters are established, same
with the main organizations and groups who will be involved within the story. The plot has been completed as well!

Official Plot Synopsis: To end the global calamity classified as World War II, the U.S Military Forces launched the Manhattan Project. However after years of consequential atomic tests in Los Alamos, mankind’s war-filled hatred and arrogance revives the gamma irradiated-monster dubbed Gormaru, Gamma Horror of the Deep! Makoto Yamane, having lost his remaining family after Gormaru’s landfall in Hiroshima, while being plagued by intense radiation sickness, vows to end Gormaru. Enlisting in the military organization “Havoc Corps”, Makoto, teaming alongside numerous squads of surviving victims tries to save a world of ruin from the inhumanity mankind had unleashed upon itself.

However as the “Manhattan Project” burns the world into ashes, with mounting monstrosities bleeding into existence from mankind’s conflict against the Gamma Horror. The question remains, what dwindling hope does humanity have in surviving a war already lost?
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 4:24 am

HUGE UPDATE! The first for 2016!!

Man, it has been a LONG time! Well, a long while at least lol.
None the less, time for more Gormaru updates!!

1. Changed(and finalized) Gormaru's Origin Story:
You've read correctly, Gormaru's origin story has been finally ironed out in full! While a few changes will be made to overwrite previous entries,
in general, the new origin will be the last and final version!

2. Official Title Remade!
Gamma Horror of the Deep is the new and official title for Gormaru's character! 'Gamma Horror' instead of 'Atomic Horror' feels more specialized,
unique, and and less board to the character. Reinforcing that Gormaru is a gamma-based monster like the Hulk, and not just another atomic creature.
For the IP, it makes Gormaru stand out better as its own monster. Which for my character and series, is great for name and character recognition!

3. Majority of monsters are presently finished, no new monsters will be added to the series roster. A few monsters in storage still need to received minor tweaks before being called perfect. Can't wait to show all of them in full!

4. PROJECT GORMARU!! (3D Animation Short Collaboration)
Work is still being ironed out but I am happy to announced on this forum that Gormaru will be getting an awesome animated short this year! The project
silently began last year mid-summer, and has progressed incredibly fast! The short will be around 30-40 seconds, so don't expect anything too big. This is
just a fun project! But it will be awesome!! Gormaru's model is already complete, the city is finished, and his animation has been completed for the first sequence! Can't reveal too much, but all-in-all, it's going to be awesome!!

5. Potential Merchandise This Year?
I've been thinking about this long and hard for months, but ever since hundreds of people contacted me for Gormaru merchandise on FB Gormaru Island, I couldn't help but ponder if it could happen? Gormaru has gained a following of fans on the FB Gormaru Island community page, a following who wants
to buy merchandise of my monster. Don't get me wrong!! I understand that to produce merchandise goods, you usually have to spend money. BUT!
I am well prepared to do so! I've been thinking about two potential Gormaru goods that I can produce.

1. Gormaru T-Shirts/Gormaru Island T-Shirts
2. Gormaru 3D Print figures

Now, number one is pretty easy, custom shirts are usually affordable to create! Depending on the shirt sizes, fabric, and graphic work. But overall, pretty
easy to handle.

Number two. 3D print figures. I understand and fathom that unless you have a 3D printer of your own, that this option is understandably more expensive for IP creators who want to produce product but don't have a printer. Size, fill, material, and complexity determine how expensive a print will be. So if you
don't have a printer, then you're highly expected to pay an arm and a leg for a 3D print. Buuut, if you already knew this and are financially prepared, then it's a leap of faith that could be worth investing into.

Why an expensive option like number two is being considered is because kaiju fans, we, us, we love to own awesome monsters physically in our hands. To have a favorite giant monster in the real world, to touch it, enjoy it, and own it. It's amazing! And to be honest, this is the main reason why I'm considering 3D print figures. It's because I too want a 3D print figure of Gormaru! To embrace my monster within my own hands, to enjoy it, to own it. All in the real world? That is a wonder beyond anything else, and I WILL make it happen this year. At least for me, just to see how things turn out.

To be honest, last Christmas, I tried ordering a 3D print figure of my Gormaru, didn't work out. It wasn't because it was expensive or anything, but because the Gormaru model (from PROJECT Gormaru) was too big to run in any 3D programs. Many business entities I had contacted were unable to do anything because it was too big. The size of the file caused their systems to crash, freeze, or slow to a snail's crawl. Sadly I had to go through X-Mas without my gamma irradiated friend. But that has all changed now, now I have a new stl model file, with a MUCH smaller file size.

I'll be making an attempt to have a 3D print of Gormaru potentially next month, if all goes well, and isn't too expensive, then consider 3D prints to appear as potential merchandise!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GORMARU Update HUB Empty
PostSubject: Re: GORMARU Update HUB   GORMARU Update HUB Empty

Back to top Go down

GORMARU Update HUB
Page 1 of 1