GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED Empty
PostSubject: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 am

EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED 1414780157-evolve

Introduction:
Evolve is a very unique game as it uses a team format that is uncommon. The setup is 4v1, with four players as the hunters and one player as the boss monster! The hunters must hunt down the monster, while the monster needs to avoid the hunters, grow stronger to evolve, and dominate as the Alpha predator. Once evolved, the hunters become the hunted and it is up to the monster to decimate them upon the battlefield!

HUNTER CLASS:
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED Evolve-Assault-Trapper-Medic-Support-Classes
There are four hunter classes to chose from:

-Assault
-Trapper
-Medic
-Support

Each class also has three unique individuals skilled within the field. Thus far only two characters per class have been revealed yet.
However, with the recent reveals, Medic and Trapper have revealed their last hunters within their class. Assault and Support will arrive at a later point.
The hunter's task is simple: Find and kill the monster before it becomes too strong. The hunters must stick together, and hunt down the monster before it evolves and becomes too powerful. All the while surviving the deadly nature of their environment. Each class has it's own unique role in the team, but the general goal remains the same for all: Hunt down and kill the lurking monstrosity!

WILDLIFE:
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED Med_evolve-may-10
There are a lot of 'neutral' creatures around the map. Some will leave you alone, some will protect themselves or their territory, while others will relentlessly attack you on sight. Remain aware and cautious, as the wildlife can be very dangerous to an unprepared hunter or monster!

For the monster, the wildlife is essential if you want to survive. While you're not strong enough to take on all creatures on the map, most of them should just be food for you. Take your time to kill and consume them. But not for too long, since the hunters will be looking for you. So keep it moving!

MONSTER CLASS:
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED Evolve-what-we-want-from-the-third-monster_8jdx.1920
As the monster, you generally need to stay away from the hunters given that you start the game within your first state. A weak state that hunters can overpower and kill should you engage recklessly. The first important thing to do: Get far away as possible, find the local wildlife, kill them, consume, gain "Armor", and "Evolve".

We've touched down on the main important class aspects of Evolve, but we have a LOT more ground to cover! The first class we'll start with is, you guessed, "The Monster Class"! They are generally the main threats and interest of the game, and if you're wanting to become a strong monster-player, than this is definitely coverage would reading!
----------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

THE MONSTER CLASS (In-depth Information and Basic Rules)
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED Evolve-charge

Introduction:
Ever wanted to play as a giant monster? To thrive as a destructive monstrosity? To be the Alpha predator? Well then this side of the fence is for you!
The most unqiue aspect of Evolve is that players can embody and become "The Monster", boss level leviathans that many would associate as powerful endgame bosses within PVE games. But now, exclusively in Evolve, YOU ARE THE ENDGAME BOSS.

The victory conditions (Within Hunt mode at least) for the monsters:
-Kill all the hunters before the timer reaches 0. (Main method of achieving victory)
-Evolve to stage 3 and destroy the generator before the timer reaches 0. (Optional secondary method of achieving victory)

The first one seems fairly obvious: Kill all four hunters before the 20 minute timer reaches 0. if there are only three minutes left, it will appear on your screen and the timer will freeze if you are in combat with the hunters, or destroy the generator. The second option, to destroy the generator, you'll have to evolve first to Stage 3 and then(We'll touch down later) get to the generator (which will be marked on your HUD as soon as you reach stage 3) and smash it up.
---------------------------------    -----------------------------

Rules of the Hunt for Monsters: If you truly want to survive, and thrive as the alpha predator, than studying and following this guideline is a MUST if you want to be a worthy monster-player. And of course, if you want to ensure your victory of the Hunt.
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED Evolve-Hero2

1. COVER GROUND FIRST
The first thing that you must always remember is that you're the one who is being hunted. You're a terrible force of nature, but there are four heavily armed hunters dropping onto your position, and you haven't grown strong enough to take them on yet. At the start of the game, you absolutely have to RUN OR HIDE! It is extremely ill advised to attempt an attack on the hunters at the start of the game. In your first stage, you're powerful, but they can kill you without much trouble. So putting a LOT of ground behind is the most important thing to do. The map is massive, and there are plenty of places to hide, so take advantage of the time you're given and the map at hand.

2. TRACKS, STEALTH
As you roam across the map or climb onto walls, you will leave behind tracks. These tracks can be detected and trailed by the hunters and they will use them to find your position. However, there are several methods to cover your tracks and throw them off.

-"Sneaking". If you hold crouch you will start sneaking. This will decrease the amount of noise you make while walking, and you will leave no tracks in your wake. However It will decrease your movement speed to a fair extent.

-"Traveling". Each monster has a unique method of moving across the map quickly. Though it has limited charges, the ability can recharge over time. These highly useful movement abilities don't leave any tracks either. But, it should be noted, that with the right tactics, you can fool the hunters into following a false trail, or lead them into a terrible trap.

3. SMELL, EMBRACE YOUR INSTINCTS
Use the smell ability as much as possible. This ability is free to cast and has a noticeably short cooldown. The "Smell Ability" sends out a wave that allows you to see every creature (and hunter!) around you up to moderately sizable range. This ability is pretty much a short/medium rang visual-echo-location and it allows you to see where the wildlife is or if there are any hunters nearby. The "Smell ability" also categorizes in colors:

-Blue: Slain wildlife or corpses. Ready to be eaten.
-Yellow: Innocent or minor-threat creatures. Will run away or attack the monster and may require the use of abilities to take them out quickly.
-Red: Dangerous carnivores, self-defending herbivores and hunters. The predators will attack you on sight and these herbivores will defend themselves if you attack them. It is advised to stay away from these creatures at stage one because not only can they damage you pretty badly, it takes a considerably amount of time to kill them. Time which the hunters can use to catch you.

Note that the colors of wildlife will change depending on your current stage. On stage 3, most carnivores are now yellow-colored and will try to avoid you. Oh yeah, they know that upon that point, you're in Beast mode!!

4. EAT, ARMOR, HEALTH
To ensure victory, you have to eat the wildlife within your environment. Consuming is greatly important as you attain "Armor", "Perks", and you fill up your "EVOLVE" gauge. But focusing on the 'Consuming Wildlife' aspect, Shear is filled with all sorts of creatures, from innocent herbivores to dangerous carnivores. Your main goal at the start of the game while trying to stay out of the hunters reach is to kill and eat the wildlife. Doing so will lead to:

"Armor and Health": The Monster's life bar consists of two parts: The Health bar and the Armor bar. "Armor" are protective shields that protect your health bars from intense damage dished out against you during combat. Without armor, your health bars can be damaged and depleted. However, while armor can be restored by eating wildlife, damage done to your health is permanent! So be very careful if you are low on armor, having less health means you will be less strong for the inevitable showdown with the hunters. So be sure to be mindful of your armor!

Three bars of armor are worth one bar of health. You get one bar of armor per bar of meat that you consume from the wildlife. But you also automatically regenerate 1/8th of a bar of armor every 8 seconds (can be improved through an elite-buff). While health is equal with the monsters, "Armor" varies from creature to creature, depending on their structure and biology. Goliath is a massive brute, a monstrous tank, in both manner and form. Thus, because of that, he has more armor bars than Kraken. The Kraken is sizable, but isn't as built up as Goliath so it has less armor to use.  

Goliath health/armor bars
stage 1: 5 health, 12 armor
stage 2: 7 health, 12 armor
stage 3: 9 health, 12 armor

Kraken health/armor bars
stage 1: 5 health, 10 armor
stage 2: 7 health, 10 armor
stage 3: 9 health, 10 armor

Next....
------------------------ ---------- --------------------

"EVOLVING"
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED 033105

Evolving is a huge important part of playing the monster. As you eat wildlife, a circle in the middle of your HUD will fill with blue bars. Each bar on the creature (see wildlife) fills one bar on the circle. Each Evolution Stage has a specific amount of bars that must be met through the consumption of wildlife.

Evolving to Stage Two requires 16 bars of consumed wildlife
Evolving to Stage Three requires 22 bars of consumed wildlife

Once you've gained devoured enough wildlife to evolve, find a safe spot away from the hunters and any wildlife carnivores. This is extremely important because when you engage "Evolve", your monster be encased within a cocoon. While within their cocoon, they are vulnerable to attack from opposing threats, so finding a safe spot to transform is a must. If you choose a poor location, you could end up paying dearly for it. None the less, you will need to remain still for 5 seconds before you enter your cocoon state.

While you are in your cocoon, you lose all armor but gain a great increase in attack damage. You need to remain within your cocoon for 10 seconds. In those 10 seconds, you can spend skill points to unlock or strengthen your abilities. You only earn three skill points from each act of evolving, whether you want to spread out your points over your abilities or max out one ability first is entirely up to you.

Once you are out your cocoon, you gain more health but you keep any damage you've taken. So for instance, if you had 4 bars of health left out of 5 and staged up, you will now have 6 bars left out of 7. As mentioned before, you lose all your armor when you have evolved so you are quite fragile. Stay away from the hunters and find some nearby wildlife. A good idea is to kill a couple of creatures, evolve near them and then eat them as soon as you're out of your cocoon. That way you won't risk running into the hunter team with no armor.
---------------------------------------

We'll be stepping into the teaching-ring, properly introducing Goliath and The Kraken!! -To be Continued

Last edited by Boogie209 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:17 am

EVOLVE is one of my most highly anticipated games of this year, this should be on any kaiju fan's gaming list! Taking out a giant monster, or to be able to play as the monster itself, it's pretty much as close as we're ever going to get to a game like, human soldiers taking on a daikaiju. On a note about Goliath I had no idea that he was inspired by Godzilla, much less Kong, finding this out just made EVOLVE all the more epic to me!

Plus on another note:
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED 2418269-evolve+preorder

I've already preordered the game, so I know my experience with the game will be extremely satisfying and killer. (Loving this Goliath Skin!)
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 am

Quite the taste you have, likewise I am extremely excited for this game as well, and I already have it preordered. Not much information has been released despite PAX ending a couple of days ago, but from the impressions I've ready the game appears to be greatly balanced with the monster not being too overpowered, and the hunters not being underpowered. I wonder how many other monsters will be in the game, I'm curious in seeing how different they all will be. (Both in play-style and design)
Back to top Go down
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm

EVOLVE does look like a pretty kick ass game, with the creators of Left 4 Dead at the helm in this game's foundation, who isn't excited to dive into this game. I have yet to preorder, don't exactly have the funds at the moment to go full price (I generally preorder my games off in complete payments so I wouldn't have to worry about not having any money to pay it off later should a situation come up), but when I do I'll be sure to give it go!

I wonder what other Monsters are in this game as well, I hope there's at least a flying-type Monster, that would really change the game up a bit Smile Plus it would be more difficult to strategics against if it has enough mobility to use in its favor.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm pretty excited for this thing too! One of the biggest motivations for me to save up for the Xbox One! [which is not as easy as it sounds, due that enormous price tag! affraid ]
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Oh I hear ya! I was thinking of getting an Xbox One before that huge price tag crushed down on my wallet! lmao I'm still thinking about it, maybe during Black Friday I could snag one if it's priced down significantly enough. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 pm

I think my best chance is waiting for a black friday sale to buy a refurbished Xbox One... hoping by that point the price would have gone down significantly!
Back to top Go down
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey! That's not a bad idea! Getting it refurbished would at least say my several bones, plus it would probably save me enough money to buy EVOLVE and Titanfall Very Happy And maybe Dead Rising 3. But so far, the Wii-U, despite it being an underpowered console, might edge out on top due to Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, but that's for another topic lol
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:14 am

It has been a LONG while since this thread was last update! And I come with great updates and interesting news!

Introducing the 2nd Monster for the game EVOLVE!!!

THE KRAKEN!!!
EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED 10487438_10152294726856633_344733434077871526_n

The Kraken, for the most part, is a saurian-like monster. However, as its name suggests, the Kraken highly resembles a cephalopod. The Kraken can generate bio-electricity from the two tentacle-like appendages on its back. By swinging said appendages at its foes, the Kraken deliver a devastating melee attack. The Kraken has the ability to hover/fly via unknown means.

If the dictionary ever decided it needed a new word to describe the mix between waking nightmare and ungodly horror, it would undoubtedly include an image of Kraken. This tentacled monstrosity unleashes electric death on Hunters who get too close and even those who think they are safely out of range.

Small Trivia: The Kraken bears a somewhat striking resemblance to Cthulhu, which welcomingly enough, fans love the most about the creature's design.
--------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

OTHER NEWS:

Beyond that delicious reveal, even though its quite dated, comes the more important news regarding the game. The official monster count has been announced for EVOLVE. While it is exciting to hear the complete count, the news overall is a bit disheartening.

Unfortunately, the game has been confirmed to only debut with 3 Monsters. Technically you can debut with 4 Monsters, if you preordered the game now, you get a free 4th monster as a bonus. But yeah, thus far, we have Goliath and The Kraken. The third monster has yet to be revealed at this time, but expect it to be soon since the game officially releases October 21st this Fall.

So yeah, if you haven't preorder the game, you won't get the free 4th Monster, which means you'll have to wait until it is properly released. Most likely as DLC that you have to pay. And obviously of course, only Gamestop is doing this. If you want your experience to be more monstrous, I advise preordering the game whenever you can before release.
------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, with that information made known, it calls for us to question, what kind of monster will the next reveal be?
Goliath is a saurian-like bipedal fire-breathing monstrosity, that is generally a ground base beast. While the Kraken is an electrical quadrupedal sea terror, and is currently the only monster capable of flight.

The next monster will definitely be a creature of a different element or form of nature. But what kind could it be? It could be a monster capable of tunneling underground. Or perhaps a monster that has a radiation element within its character. So many possibilities.

Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm betting that it'll be a lightweight, high speed monster; Goliath is basically a tank character, using armor and brute force to win, while Kraken is more of a ranged specialist, with all but one of his abilities working from long range, plus his hover capabilities.

I imagine a lightweight class of monster would be fast, an excellent climber, and may have stealth oriented abilities. As for what the bonus monster could be like, I have no idea, though I really got to try and order this thing soon... I may have to, even if I can't get a hold of the Xbox One till after it's release!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED   EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED Empty

Back to top Go down

EVOLVE (PS4, XBOX ONE, PC) UPDATED
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GORMARU-ISLAND :: VIDEO GAME GENERAL THREAD-
Jump to: