GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HEROES OF COSPLAY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

HEROES OF COSPLAY Empty
PostSubject: HEROES OF COSPLAY   HEROES OF COSPLAY EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:30 am

HEROES OF COSPLAY Heroes_of_Cosplay

I'm a HUGE cosplay fan, to be able to cosplay as your favorite characters, by they daikaiju, superhero, villain, anime, or even a original character. To become something more than your normal self, to embrace something as a part of yourself that you can show off to the world or connect with others like you. To be yourself as a real character.

HEROES OF COSPLAY New-Cosplay-World-Record-Set-At-Londons-MCM-Expo
When you cosplay around people and other cosplayers, people don't see you. They see your character as you. Doesn't matter how you look, doesn't matter what race you are, doesn't matter what size you are. Who you are, is who you'll be to everyone.
HEROES OF COSPLAY Tumblr_mzghv1dU7X1s9atoco1_250
HEROES OF COSPLAY Y63k6wm

If your name is Alex or Samantha, and you cosplay as The Green Ranger or Sailor Moon. People and cosplayers will call out to you as Green Ranger and Sailor Moon. They'll never say your real name(Unless they personally know you), they embrace you as the character you are, and treat you as the character you are. I still remember when I cosplayed as Doomsday from Superman, it was insanely awesome, although I admit, too many DC and Marvel cosplayers wanted to fight me lol It comes with the territory heh.

So I'm certain you can imagine my excitement when there was going to be local TV show about cosplay and the life, thrills, and fun of cosplayers.
Heroes of Cosplay is pretty much the only enjoyable show I watch off of Syfy Channel. But I must admit, the first season, while it had some of true cosplay spirit, wasn't spot on about the entire experience. And a LOT of cosplay fans called the show out on it. Especially on the famous Yaya Han, who stated clearly no one can cosplay any character they want if they are big or too overweight. When in truth, you can, you can be whoever you want to be despite any weight you may have. This earned a lot of strikes against her during the show. Beyond that, there was too much drama and competition and not enough...Well, Cosplay and cosplaying fun. Again, enjoyable, but it has some glaring flaws.

SEASON 2 starts on the last week of May, I honestly hope they improved on the show and understand their flaws from their fans and reviews. So I'm honestly hoping for the best with HEROES OF COSPLAY. Speaking of cosplay, my town is hosting HEROCON next month, trying to get together a Showa Godzilla cosplay suit. Godzilla a 1964 Mask, and a full body suit to wear. I just need some more foam, latex paint, and spray paint.
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

HEROES OF COSPLAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEROES OF COSPLAY   HEROES OF COSPLAY EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Well HEROES of COSPLAY has returned, airing on Tuesday night, it was an enjoyable return to my surprise. Newcomers joined the show, showing their passion for cosplay and while trying to get their name out there. And previous runners from the show also returned as well. YaYa Han as well, although she served as more of a mentor and judgement instead of an actual contestant. (Thank goodness)

The episode was centered at Stan Lee's Comickaze Convention, and yes, they centered it on competition with a cosplay contest. But surprisingly, it was much more friendly than the previous season, and the winner surprisingly were NONE of the show's contestants. But a well done cosplayer who went as Skull Kid from Zelda, a nice twisted outcome.

But I have to say that it still misses a few shots about what it means to cosplay. Again, the show is centered on competitions and just being out there for the spotlight. I was hoping to see the a bit more spirit. By that I mean, show people actually enjoying themselves, show them enjoying cosplay battles, hanging out, or hell interacting with the show's contestants! Heck, have them do a bit of commentary on the life of cosplay just give the show some passion.

Sigh, it's not too much to ask for a little sincere showing of cosplay's real side, and not just the drama and competitive career side. They did little of this, so I'll have to give them some credit. Overall, it's a step up from the first season's starter episode, but it's still stumbling on the same notes that the first season originally missed.
Back to top Go down
OniGoji

OniGoji

HEROES OF COSPLAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEROES OF COSPLAY   HEROES OF COSPLAY EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:11 am

I enjoy people who cosplay, they are the types of people who are quite strong emotionally and mentally because they aren't timid or afraid to become their characters and walk into the world as them. It's not like with Halloween where everyone is accepted under 1 night. Cosplayers, they do this because they love embracing the characters that they enjoy, and aren't afraid to show it everyday.
Gotta respect that!

I've watched Heroes of Cosplay as well, the show is pretty entertaining and awesome, but I too wish it focused on the community of the culture and not simply the career side. We all know it exists, but it doesn't make much appealing entertainment since you don't get to know the contestants, thus can't really connect with them.
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

HEROES OF COSPLAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEROES OF COSPLAY   HEROES OF COSPLAY EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:19 am

Well, tonight was HEROES OF COSPLAY's Season Finale, yep, 6 entire episodes completely experienced and run through.

I have to admit, Season 2 was definitely much better than Season 1, there was a bit more focused on the concept of Cosplay and how much fun people can have when cosplaying or creating one. And there were some top notch cosplay creations in this season, WarGreymon, How to Train A Dragon, Thorin from LOTR, etc There was drama, but it didn't seem as annoying as the first season, it felt more natural.

YaYa continues to look sexy with amazing cosplay, while I did not like her in Season 1, she was a bit better in this one. An improvement I'll admit.

Overall, the finale was pretty good, it carried over from the previous episode with balanced drama but also with enough enjoyment to leave me entertained. Not as entertained as the episode before the previous one, but it's near it. Everyone had done their best, proving themselves to be real cosplayers.

Well, that's that. I hope a new season is announced season, and if it does, you'll be hearing from me about it here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HEROES OF COSPLAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEROES OF COSPLAY   HEROES OF COSPLAY Empty

Back to top Go down

HEROES OF COSPLAY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GORMARU-ISLAND :: TV SHOWS/MOVIES ZONE GENERAL THREAD-
Jump to: