GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list Empty
PostSubject: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm sure that this topic has appeared on all Kaiju message boards, since all Godzilla fans have got favorites out of a long running movies series and I'll post my list later.... since I need to find it first. Wink
Back to top Go down
KING_KAIJU

KING_KAIJU

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 pm

#1 godzilla vs destroyah
#2 godzilla vs mecha godzilla 2
#3 godzilla vs king ghidorah
#4 godzilla tokyo sos
#5 gojira
#6 godzilla final wars
#7 godzilla vs biollante
#8 godzilla vs mecha godzilla
#9 terror of mecha godzilla
#10 godzilla against mecha godzilla
Back to top Go down
TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Well I finally found my list and here it is for all to see. Very Happy 

1: Godzilla vs Biollante (1989)

2: Godzilla/Gojira (1954)

3: GMK (2001)

4: Godzilla vs Destroyah (1995)

5: Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II (1993)

6: The Return Of Godzilla (1984)

7: Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla (2002)

8: Godzilla 2000 (1999)

9: Godzilla Raids Again (1955)

10: Destroy All Monsters (1968)

Side Note: List might change randomly in the future. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Ouch, these are always rather difficult for me since I enjoy a vast majority of the films very much. But I find several films much more entertaining and enticing than others, so I suppose I have a specialized listing.

1. Godzilla vs. Monster Zero (Invasion of the Astro Monster) I find this movie to be the perfect balance between sci-fi and monster action. Here we have Godzilla, Rodan, and King Ghidorah all returning back to the big screen within a well done, well paced, well filmed Godzilla movie. Add in Nick Adams and you have a extremely well like-able cast of main characters. So of recent, this film has really shined out to me, and I love it!

2. Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster/Ebirah Horror of the Deep. Now I absolutely love this Godzilla film because honestly it's a very enjoyable Godzilla island film. The main characters are once more, very enjoyable, the monster action is balanced, and you're heavily invested within the story. I know this was suppose to be a Kong film, but Godzilla fits extremely well. (Even the little human interaction, come now, Godzilla likes his human girls too in Japan Wink )

3. Mothra vs. Godzilla! In this film, we see Godzilla truly glare within the role of a force of absolute destruction! Once he stomps his way onto the movie and makes his presence known, no one can stop him and nothing can stand in his way. Not even the last hope, Mothra, could defeat the tyrant and it just made the king appear much more monstrous. A true nuclear force! Of course, with a slate of like-able main characters, and well paced plot, and fantastic monster battles, this film truly does deserve to be called a fan-favorite.

4. GODZILLA 2000! This film hods a special place due to the fact that it was the first Toho Godzilla movie that I had ever watched in theaters. It was a fantastic experience, and Godzilla looked extremely powerful and up to date with a very unique design structure, a much needed rebirth after the disaster known as GINO. Yes some of the pacing can be crunching, but Godzilla, Orga, and their battles make up for it nicely well. The main characters are okay, not exactly anything note worthy except for the Father and Daughter, but overall I absolutely cherish this film for what it is. Which was a fun Godzilla blast and a reminder of the real article. It's an average Godzilla film at best, but it's still one hell of a film for me. Smile

5. Gojira/Godzilla King of the Monsters: Both the original and the Americanized version are generally the same film but with differences. So in this regard I hold both at my top 5 spot. Godzilla King of the Monsters was the first Godzilla film I was ever exposed to it. It was nightmarish, intense, and pretty awesome! Which was a huge achievement since I generally found black and white monster films to be boring when I was young. I enjoyed "Steve Martin" and found a lot of the real main characters to be enjoyable and well liked. Emiko was my least liked character, I know her heart rested with someone else, but Serizawa could have at least died knowing he had someone who truly loved him. Even if it were an illusion, overall it just made his death more tragic to me knowing he sacrificed himself and went out alone in the world. Gojira is of course, above KOTM because it truly unfolds the real horror behind GOJIRA and the destruction of the atomic bomb. It's very grim and extremely dark, no punches are pulled and the emotional impact is hard hitting. Truly a nightmarish masterpiece.

6. King Kong vs. Godzilla! Man, the classic Showa films are really stomping out on top. But this film also holds a special place in my heart as it was the second Godzilla film I had ever own. The first being Godzilla KOTM. But this is one truly beastly film, having two of the most iconic monsters in the world battle it out in Japan? Epic! The main characters are fairly enjoyable, the pacing can be rather slow from time to time, but all of the action from Godzilla and the battles between Kong and Godzilla makes the film a worthy clash of the titans.

7. GODZILLA, MOTHRA, KING GHIDORAH: GIANT MONSTERS ALL OUT ATTACK: Coming in seventh is this fantastic gem. Godzilla returns look much more destructive and terrifying than ever before, and his rampage across Japan is utterly grand. Battling the likes of Baragon, Mothra, and Ghidorah. And with a fairly well paced plot, enjoyable characters, and satisfying battles, this rightfully earned a spot on my list.

8. Godzilla vs. Megalon: I know that this film has the firm view of being one of the worst Godzilla films ever made, but honestly I found it to be one of the most enjoyable Godzilla to be ever made. Yes the plot is somewhat out there, yes there's some stock footage, and the characters aren't exactly solid, but the entire movie is saved by the Godzilla, Jet Jaguar, Gigan, and the newly introduced Megalon! Two on Two grand monster smackdown, need I say more? It's generally a very enjoyable monster time, and I love the film no matter what. It's not a "it's so bad, that it's good", I find to be a good Godzilla film, for what it is.

9. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah: What's this? A Heisei Godzilla film has made it to the ranks?! Indeed it has! To be honest, I once favored the entire Godzilla Heisei series, but as of late, I don't find them as enjoyable as I once did. I love the films, all of them, including Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla. But what mostly kills it for me, is the poor English dubbing and the characters in most of the films are dull. Other then that, I still hold the entire series quite close to me, with me being a 90's kid and all Very Happy
In this case, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah makes it by a hair, originally I was going to put Godzilla vs. Mothra, but I just find the characters in GvsKG to be slightly more better. Special thanks to Mr. Shindo for that! This film is pretty good, Godzilla is large and incharge, King Ghidorah looks much more powerful, and the monster action is just tops. Along with the interesting reveal of Godzilla's origins and the connection between Mr. Shindo and Godzilla just makes this film the top Heisei film for me. Plus Godzilla is just powerful and terrifying in this, pretty much unstoppable, and even at the end of the film, he's still alive and kicking! Love that satisfying ending!

10. DESTROY ALL MONSTERS: This shouldn't come as a surprise, as DESTROY ALL MONSTERS is arguably one of best all-star monsters Godzilla film within the franchise. The second being Final Wars, which, at least to me doesn't hold up well to this classic. The pacing can be a bit of a drag, but overall the intense monster action and the mayhem is just wonderful! The main characters are okay, they aren't dull and are fairly solid. The monsters themselves and the grand monster battle finale, absolutely stunning and makes up the entire movie. Truthfully, this would have been the perfect ending film of the Showa series than Terror of MechaGodzilla. (Which from what I've read, DAM was indeed suppose to be the end of it) But at least for my list, it serves as the perfect ending for my top 10.
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyThu May 01, 2014 2:07 am

#10. Gojira [The original Japanese version]
#9. The Return of Godzilla [1984]
#8. Destroy All Monsters
#7. Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II
#6. GMK: All Out Monster Attack
#5. Godzilla: Tokyo SOS
#4. Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla [2003]
#3. Godzilla Final Wars
#2. Godzilla 2000
#1. Godzilla 2014 [I don't need to have seen it yet to know it'll be my number 1!]
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:23 am

Ah! Of course! G 2014, chances are that will be my number #1 Godzilla film on my list extremely soon. You have an extraordinary mind Mr. AdventDestiny, I'll have to remember that and store it within our memory banks.

Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list Vlcsnap-2013-07-02-22h26m15s139
Back to top Go down
TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:48 pm

AdventDestiny wrote:
#1. Godzilla 2014 [I don't need to have seen it yet to know it'll be my number 1!]

Boogie209 wrote:
Ah! Of course! G 2014, chances are that will be my number #1 Godzilla film on my list extremely soon. You have an extraordinary mind Mr. AdventDestiny, I'll have to remember that and store it within our memory banks.

I'm sorry about the use of double quoting and if this comes off as rude but while Godzilla 2014 looks great, I think it would be best to watch the movie first before placing it a top ten list since there's always a chance that it might end up disappointing you two. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Chances are from everything I've learned, studied, and seen about the movie I won't be disappointed. Of course my only expectation is that it's better than GINO, and Godzilla living at the end. And I feel that it'll meet those expectations quite well ^_^
Back to top Go down
G-Matt

G-Matt

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:02 am

Now that I've seen the new movie, I can now post my final top 10 list:

1. G54
2. G2014
3. MvsG
4. GMK
5. SOG
6. GXMG
7. GvsB
8. TOMG
9. KKvsG
10. GTTHM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list   Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list Empty

Back to top Go down

Your top ten favorite Godzilla movies list
Page 1 of 1