GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Morrow, Gentry

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

Good Morrow, Gentry Empty
PostSubject: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Sir Knightmare DemonBane, reporting for duty.  I'm a storyteller, RPGer, kaiju girl fan, unabshed brony, lover of the King of Monsters, and working on a hopefully original kaijuverse that combines all of that with feedback and ideas from an open-minded community to expand and improve it overall.
Back to top Go down
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm

A Brony, Fan of Kaiju Girls, and a welcomed honorable fan of Godzilla himself..
Good Morrow, Gentry Tumblr_lk9i83TPWo1qc9anwo1_500
Welcome to the company Sir Knightmare, welcome to the company.

Great to have you on board with all of us, can't wait to see what you have in store with your original works, so by all means give us an honorable look! In the mean time, all of us hope to bring you a fantastic experience here, and with the accepting atmosphere upon the island, we hope to see your openess very often Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:27 pm

The Kaiju fan that is a fan of MLP: Friendship is Magic, Godzilla, and Kaiju Girls, is my bro. Very much like how any fan of Ultraman is my blood bro. Welcome aboard Sir Knightmare, you're perhaps one of the most expressive people I know in the kaiju fandom so it's great to have you here alongside us Smile
Hopefully your stay here will be amazing for you. I hope you bring your Kaiju Girl creations here as well!
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Thanks for the greeting, gentlemen.

Currenly I hve tog et some re-working done on Project: Drgon Knight as the decision to make hem originals was fairly recent and the existing rtwork, done by Blake Lanham of Deviant Art, is still drawing from Toho kaiju.
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Project: Dragon Knight sounds very interesting, you can post everything about it up within the Daikaiju Academy General Hub whenever you like Smile

And again, I do hope your experience here is wonderful, peaceful, and memorable! I want you and everyone else to feel just as welcomed and just as free as I am. So don't hold back in being yourself, and don't by shy in leaving your mark here upon the island either Wink If there are any questions than please do let me know as quickly as possible for me to answer them.
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm

That actually sounds interesting, very creativity, especially in regards of the effort in trying to be unique with your creation Sir Knightmare. I know things are still in the pre-stage, so please do take your time, but hopefully you can give us a showing soon within the forums! Something like this shouldn't be kept underwraps for too long Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Thank you, Boogie. I probably will post up what I have of it, but the existing artwork for two fo the Dragon Knights is out-dated and, thus, still closely resembles Toho kaiju.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:00 pm

As a fellow new member [having just joined a couple of hours ago], welcome to Gormaru Island! I remember hearing about the Project: Dragon Knight, glad to hear about the new direction you're going with the project.
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 pm

AdventDestiny wrote:
As a fellow new member [having just joined a couple of hours ago], welcome to Gormaru Island! I remember hearing about the Project: Dragon Knight, glad to hear about the new direction you're going with the project.
Thanks. Most haven't had good look on PDK due to the original K-girl artists kinda...well kinda going ape@!## over it, assumign I was staling their characters and such....
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm

one question: How do we change our avatars???
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Click the profile link to the far right and bottom of the site banner, then click the avatar link above the profile information. Then you can select whether you want to use a different avatar from this site, an avatar image stored on your hard drive, or just link an image from another site. Hope that helps you out!
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Danke!
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

[quote="Sir_KnightmareThanks.  Most haven't had  good look on PDK due to the original K-girl artists kinda...well kinda going ape@!## over it, assumign I was staling their characters and such....[/quote]

Yeah, I actually read the comments; you guys managed to get the attention of a couple of the old veterans that hadn't been seen for years I think, which is quite an achievement, even if it did turn into something of an ugly affair.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:32 pm

AdventDestiny wrote:
[quote="Sir_KnightmareThanks.  Most haven't had  good look on PDK due to the original K-girl artists kinda...well kinda going ape@!## over it, assumign I was staling their characters and such....

Yeah, I actually read the comments; you guys managed to get the attention of a couple of the old veterans that hadn't been seen for years I think, which is quite an achievement, even if it did turn into something of an ugly affair.[/quote]

The fact that it turned so ugly is why I decided it'd be best to go 'all originals'. Sadly my artist, Blake, is still in school, so updated artwork isn't coming any time soon
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Titana, a very welcomed avatar of a Kaiju Girl I haven't seen in a long while ^_^ So pleasant, even to my very faint memories of her.

None the less, any past affairs can be eased away here, who you were once no longer matters to who you are now, so please do embrace your welcomed fresh start here Sir Knightmare.
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:44 pm

A fresh start is exactly what I want, Boogie. I won't leave CKC, but that's mainly out of a desire to see Leviathan suceed[she's already earned a card, may even get in the game],, but the community? Outside of about 10 people, one of which is already here, I couldn't care less about the lot of 'em.
Back to top Go down
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Yeah, I've heard about the CKC Community, doesn't sound like the best bunch of bannas to get mixed with, probably changed a little bit for the better by now, but generally, I think I'll just stick with the island. Feels much more pleasant and less stressful here  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 pm

that's putting it mildly. Simon strange, the head honcho, is a friendly fella[albeit a heavy feminism proponent, the real kind not the BS spewed by nutcases] but his STRICT 'No Banning' policy means that the biggest punishment is never used, so the assholes run amok whenever they think he's not watching.
Back to top Go down
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Fortunately for us, here at least, we have strict rules for the protection of the community and its order. They may seem neck tightening, but really, it is to protect our members from trolls, flaming, and more importantly, from cyber-bullying. We consider the members upon the island as close comrades, and damn near family. Anything that brings disorder to that will be removed effectively and swiftly
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:08 pm

So basically the complete opposite of CKC. Strict rules so that everyone can relax, instead of letting it be a stress-filled nigh-ruleless freeforall
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Opposite, pretty much so, now that I see how they run things, it really is unfortunate for CKC, but that just gives Gormaru Island one more special quality worth staying for. Overall what OniGoji said is spot on, the rules enforced are for the stability of the island and its members. This is your island as much as it is my own, your special place, your welcomed community. We do not tolerate trolls, flaming, or bullying. Or anything in general that causes a negative imbalance. The community is my top priority.

Last edited by Boogie209 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir_Knightmare

Sir_Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Thank you, man, that's REALLY good to hear
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 pm

You're greatly welcomed, hopefully I can do the same any other newcomer here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morrow, Gentry   Good Morrow, Gentry Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morrow, Gentry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GORMARU-ISLAND :: WELCOME TO GORMARU ISLAND-
Jump to: