GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny Empty
PostSubject: American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny   American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 4:52 pm

So this is my official American Tokusatsu art page, where I post all my art pertaining to my six original production projects [because of Daughters of Pandora's potentially "mature" premise, art of that will be posted in the Daikaiju Academy General Hub.]

So here's my first two official character previews, both of whom are kaiju! They are...

American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny Rhigon10
American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny Domora10
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny   American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 am

Holy crap, these look absolutely fantastic! Rhigon is perhaps my top favorite kaiju of the bunch. He has the likeness of Anguirus, although with a build completely original all in itself. Love the thick stumpy like legs and feet, and the ancient structure and look of his armor hide. Very balanced, and really draws in the appeal of this creature looking like a beast that can take some real damage.
Overall, I love it!

Domoranah is definitely a more out-there sea beast, it's aquatic, but with a mysterious look that almost rivals Varan, and even Raiga in terms of aquatic structure. It is a creature definitely within its own league, and I have to admit it's strangeness is what I find so appealing. It's not that I've ever seen before, or would even think of in terms of a kaiju creation. Well done!
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny   American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Thank you! Both kaiju were modeled from nature, Rhigon being modeled after tortoises and armored dinosaurs, combined with living rock forming his shell. Domaranah was modeled off of deep sea fish, including one very weird fish called the Lantern Fish, who's unique attribute is that it's eyes are completely covered in skin, but the skull is transparent, allowing it to see through it's own face!
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny   American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny Empty

Back to top Go down

American Tokusatsu art, by AdventDestiny
Page 1 of 1