GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OniGoji

OniGoji

Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?   Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:28 am

The Island could use a little bit more support and active, this is quite the common trial for all web forums and community. You just have to find that source and the right members.
Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? Godzilla-teaching-japanese-kids1

Branch out awareness!!! Very Happy Obviously active affects active, not enough members online can make a place appear to be boring and turn off anyone else from stomping ashore. So we should draw in more, some nice advertisement and word of mouth will do fantastic work. The community is all there, and the island has more than enough sweet aspects and freedom to be enticing to any newcomer. But we have to find that audience.

Now I know this can be a double edged sword, because no forum wants to draw in trolls or trouble-makers, but remember, we have a fantastic Admin and Mod that can take care of that. So any ideas? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?   Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:36 am

Great points, great points, yes, I do agree the island would be more lively with more thriving active. Reaching our audience is simple enough, advertising can be a bit of toughie, you want to advertise in a place that has moderate or good activity, while coming off appealing. Unless you're well invested within a community already than spreading word could be troublesome. It can be done, but it'll be troublesome. Hmm...Starting a facebook page could work. I've already started a twitter account ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?   Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:43 am

Ah, very true! Well, creating a facebook could come in handy, try getting that worked on Boogie! Very Happy
But hey, we could hit up kaiju fan facebook pages, it seems like a much more friendly approach than randomly signing up on a forum and advertising it right off the bat. Unless of course, like you said, you have pull or well invested within a forum community already. Although that's not a sure fire way either. Either way, it's a bit of a gamble! But it's a gamble we have to take my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?   Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? EmptySat May 31, 2014 1:47 am

I'll get started on a facebook page, they are pretty easy to setup, and yes, they are much more friendly and approachable they just heading onto a forum. But I'm not pulling the plug on that option either. It can still work! But let's just take this one step at a time, move at a steady pace and just let things unfold on their own once we get things running.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?   Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:41 am

Got zip here, not to mention that Kaiju Galaxy has the same problem; not enough people posting or interacting on a regular basis. Back at Kaiju Galaxy we've been trying to come up with ways to motivate members into activity for months; there was a brief point of hightened activity... which occured during Godzilla's release and height of popularity, and as Godzilla's popularity in theaters started to fizzle, so did the activity online.

Around here, the problems more to do with the lack of members period, since this place has only started up recently this is to be expected, but still, it wouldn't hurt to have at least a couple of members who have the time to stick around for a while and participate.
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?   Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 am

Hmm, Kaiju Galaxy looks pretty fantastic though, surprised there aren't enough active members on there. O_O

It does boggle my mind a bit, the island has a very welcoming appeal, but yes I am afraid members are a problem. I'm aware people can be busy, extremely busy, and simply not have enough time. And sometimes, fans just don't want to be active on a forum or join for whatever reason they may have. So with these variables it is understandable. But spreading awareness can help improve on this problem. I'll try reaching out to several people, perhaps I can change the flow of things here with their help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?   Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bringing More Members to the Island! Ideas?
Page 1 of 1