GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD Empty
PostSubject: E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD   E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:22 pm

E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD E3-2014

The title pretty much says it all, E3 will be arriving very soon as May comes to its inevitable close.
And you know that the beginning of June is all about the gamers and the future of gaming. Can't wait! Personally I'm not sure as to what to expect, we're currently in the new generation of gaming, so pushing the PS4 and Xbox One are paramount for Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo won't be really apart of E3, they'll be hosting their own conference on Nintendo Direct.

I'll say that my expectations are mild, not too high, not too low. I'm generally looking forward to Sony's conference, the least I'm hoping for is that The Last Guardian is finally re-announced for the PS4. That along with Project Beast as well. Other then that, I'm simply hoping for more game exclusive announcements. So how about anyone else? Looking forward to E3 this year? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD   E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:53 am

I'm looking forward to both Sony and Microsoft, I'm not expecting much from Nintendo though...They could surprise a lot of us, but I kinda doubt they'll pull off anything special. This year is all about PS4 and Xbox One!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD   E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:20 am

Alright! E3 is today folks! If you have Spike TV, you can catch Microsoft and EA on TV at 12pm afternoon, everything else will be online, I'll post up stream links!
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD   E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Eh, well, E3 is pretty much over. Time for update and review!

1. Microsoft Conference:
Microsoft had a LOT to make up for after last year's bombing with the Xbox One, they had to restore faith within their fans and gaming community. And guess what? They did just that! They talked about pretty much nothing but games! No TV, no Sports, no Kinect, simply their videogames and exclusives.
And honestly, they did a pretty good job at doing it, they had a successful and interesting conference. Good job Microsoft!

2. Sony Conference:
With me being nothing but a PlayStation Gamer at heart, and soon to be the proud owner of a PS4, I was highly interested in seeing what Sony had in store for the PS4. I was hoping for the same level of interest and game presentation as Microsoft. Showing off their exclusives while revealing newer AAA IP titles, or at least IPs near that quality. And needless to say, I was underwhelmed, and kinda disappointed.

They talked about stats, numbers, TV shows, and while I appreciate indie developers, they focused on them waaay too much for my liking. I was only hoping for three simple things:

1. Project Beast be real and a exclusive
2. Some update on the Last Guardian
3. Some amazing JARPG like Microsoft's recently announced Scale Bound.

Only the first of those hopes were made a reality. Project Beast was real and a exclusive, renamed as Blood Borne. Loved it and looking forward to it.

They showed off The Order 1886, another game I'm deeply loving and will have. While also showing off Uncharted 4 and two more new IPs: Little Big Planet 3 and Let It Die. They had exclusives on board, but I wanted to see more, more games that appealed to me.

I'm a gamer who loves Fighting Games, Japanese Action Roleplaying Games, Japanese Role Playing Games, Anime Games, and of course, Giant Monster games. None of which was revealed or touched down on at all. The main appeal of a PlayStation Console is that one day, we'll get these types of games, and yet, at least in the US, none of that has yet to be worked on. It's really disappointing.

And thus, everything as a whole, was just "Meh". Sony could have done better, they could have showed off a little bit more. It wasn't dreadful or terrible, but it wasn't exactly good either, at least for me. Sometimes, feeling this way and seeing all these other games being made out, it makes me want to go out and create my own videogame. Not for profit or anything like that, but just to have a game that not only appeals to me, but is for me. I wonder if this is how all indies feel.

And now, we settle on Nintendo. Nintendo pulled out a non-surprisingly good show, as usually they give a wonderful presentation. They were predictable, minus a few announcements, and overall I didn't have any real interest in them. But I can admit that they talked about nothing but games, which in the end, is all that matters. Plus, some of things announced were pretty cool, predictable, but still cool. Overall, another solid year for them.
---------------------------------------------------
This year for me at least:
Microsoft: B+
Sony: C-
Nintendo: B+

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD   E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

E3 2014 OFFICIAL THREAD