GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) Empty
PostSubject: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Anyone remember when Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee was announced? Maybe you heard it from a friend, or found the game scans from a game magazine, or maybe you read it from off the internet. Remember that excitement? To play as legendary monstrosities and trample over cities as our battles ravaged land, air, and sea. 2002 was a great year to be gamer, but it was an even better year to be a Godzilla fan.

Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) 29vexaq

Then spawned Godzilla Domination, Godzilla Save the Earth, Godzilla Double Smash, and of course Godzilla Unleashed.
All great modern Godzilla titles, and unique enjoyable games within their own right. And while most of those games fared better than others, they were all still fun to experience.

Now in 2014, here we are with a newer more terrifying King of the Monsters, a new era of GODZILLA. While everyone is excited for the movie, many are excited in the idea of a new Godzilla fighter, even expressing it to the likes of Legendary Pictures and Gareth Edwards. I too greatly desire a new Godzilla fighting game, one upon next-gen(current gen consoles) and one that has the latest Godzilla as a playable character. Which ideally will happen should such a game be developed to coin side with the new movie.

Think about the Character Roster:

GODZILLA (2014) (The latest incarnation of the King, an obvious fit and will no doubt be the flagship poster boy and default Godzilla)
Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) Godzilla-2014-600x372

MUTOS (Potentially both Muto Creatures since they are both different in structure and probably will be different in ability to an extent)
Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) Main3_Godzilla_screencap04_zps6264e6b6

Of course when these obvious additions are added, there comes to the inevitable notion of "Okay, we're now in Classic Toho Godzilla territory, who can we add from that vault? What monsters will please fans, but also provide interesting play-styles and movesets?"

Which in general is no easy notion to take head on.

No doubt the top four would make it in:

RODAN

MOTHRA

KING GHIDORAH

MECHAGODZILLA

But who else would make fantastic contenders? Here's my list of monsters that I think would be great to have in a Godzilla fighter, and be sure to post your own list! My top ten!

1. HEDORAH: Kicking off the list is the SMOG MONSTER, HEDORAH! Hedorah is monster who could provide interesting close to mid range combat, added with his powerful toxic sludge exterior, and high resistance to most discharges, and you have a terrifying fighter. OF course, depending on the engine that the game is being built on, things like Transformations could be added in small ways. But if it can't handle that kind of programming, than just settle Hedorah with his Final Form as the default form for the character.

2. GAIRA/SANDA: Bring on the Gargantuans! Having these Frankenstein monsters on the battlefield would be quite amazing, generally because they be devastating fighters of hand-to-hand combat. Give them a wrestler, brawler kind of play-style, some form of regeneration temporary special abilities to counter balance in fighting against monsters with powerful projectiles and you have yourself a real bone crusher on your hands.
Although I suppose, I would have Gaira as the default Gargantuan, and Sanda as a playable skin.

3. MONSTER X: Despite Final Wars not being an entirely enticing Godzilla film, Monster X was quite the surprise! Being a Pre-Ghidorah state, Monster X had quick mobility, fantastic brawling combat, added with levitation and gravity beams, and he's a very capable fighter. However like Hedorah, if the engine can support Kaiser Ghidorah as a transformation, then tie it to the character's mechanics. But if not, then save the form as a potential separate character.

4. ZILLA: Yes, yes, while GINO is a nightmare best forgotten, one has to admit the creature itself proves to be worth of a contender spot in a Godzilla fighting game. With the ability to burrow underground, fast agility, and capable of jumping to extreme heights, Zilla shows that he can be an ambitious monster. Add some Hurricane Breath as a short range projectile and Zilla's nicely built. (Or you could add the animated series Atomic Breath)

5. GABARA: Bully-Monster brawler! Gabara can prove to be like Hedorah in the sense that the monster can be a tough close-range opponent. With his ability to channel his electricity powers, Gabara can potentially provide an interesting moveset. Add some personality and you'll have a memorable fighter on your hands.

6. MINILLA/JUNIOR: SON OF GODZILLA: Minilla would make a fairly good contender in that his Atomic Smoke Rings and immature nature would give him a very comedic play-style. Add the ability to unleash a proper atomic breath and you could have a well constructed fun monster on the table. Although GODZILLA JUNIOR from the Heisei Series is just as much of a good contender as well, and would be more favorable in terms of design and capable prowess given that he is able to use his atomic powers quite well. Although in contrast he won't be a comedic character, but more of an underdog champion of sorts. Brave, fierce, and full of atomic fury.

7. MOTHRA (SOS/GFW): One could argue that Mothra has no real offensive means of attack within this incarnation. But that's not entirely a horrible thing. He reflective scales can provide a big game change in blocking devastating projectiles and reflecting them back to their sources. But also, if properly implemented, could be used in turning the player into Fire Mothra, this could be a temporary power-up without the mighty Kamikaze Bang. A Kamikaze Fire Mothra could be saved as a finisher of sorts. With the ability to craft hurricane winds, quick movements of mobility, and huge lifting strength. This Mothra would work well as a defensive fighter.

8. ORGA: Yes my friends, Orga, he's quite fascinating in the sense that he can be a mimic fighter. Obiviously his play-style and moveset worth stems from his abilities to absorb his opponent's DNA and temporarily make it his own. Within the game, this abilities can be used very effectively in giving the player a mild power-up state from absorbing his opponent's genetics. (Of course if the game engine in question can handle it, which since it would just be a mild transformation, potentially it can if the programming is crafted well by the developers) Beyond that aspect, you have a bulked tank with great offensive strength and a powerful projectile weapon to attack mid-range.

9. DESTOROYAH: The Oxygen Destroyer reincarnated, obviously this one doesn't need much explaining moveset-wise, his debut film pretty much says it all as to what can be created for the monster. Although as a side-note, it would be awesome to have Destoroyah's Chest Beam!

10. Drumroll please.............-drums beating in the background in growing anticipation-

BAGAN:

Let me explain this choice. Bagan has been the most obscured, most neglected monster out of the Toho Monster vault. He's only been in 1 Godzilla game, and was placed for oh so many chances in hitting the big screen as was constantly shot down. From Super Godzilla, you know his abilities and powers speak for themselves. Everything he pulled off in that classic game shows a large range of capable abilities for his moveset. But seriously, he deserves a real chance to be relevant, he almost made it in Godzilla Unleashed before he was dropped for Varan, again, another chance shot down for the kaiju. Bagan could very likely be the Boss of a new Godzilla fighting game, than someone obvious like SpaceGodzilla or MechaGodzilla.

Anyway, that rests for my list.

Now, as for what style I would enjoy the fighter in, and what console I would prefer:
I'm content with a 2.5D Fighting Game like Street Fighters, or a flat out 3D fighting game like the pipework Godzilla Games or like the Ultraman Fighting Evolution games.

If we're talking next-gen, I want it on the PS4. Slightly more power to work with, easy to develop on, and plus with share feature/share editing feature. You can make some fantastic videos and music videos.
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Dude! I would totally love for a next-gen Godzilla fighting game! To play as Godzilla and engage in godly kaiju battles upon my PS4 would be insanely epic! Or at the very least, a sandbox Godzilla game would be just as awesome Very Happy We can only hope that there's one in the making or at least on the table for development if the movie does well. Personally I would be fine if Capcom, Cyberconnect2, or Namco Bandai produced the game. High Moon Studios would be a great choice of we're thinking massive action adventure Godzilla game, like with what they did for Transformers.

Personally, I'm not sure who would be on my exactly top 10, I know I definitely have a top 5:

1. Gaira
2. Hedorah
3. Godzilla Junior
4. Monster X
5. Godzilla 90's

Those would be the ones who I would greatly hope to make the roster, the only one I'm unsure of is Godzilla 90's since chances are, he might not make the game since Godzilla incarnations rarely differ well from each other in terms of abilities, with only a few being able to truly shine. The Heisei is one of those few, but I'm not sure if it's popularity will be enough to warrant it a safe slot.

Honorable mentions:

Zilla
Gezora
Minilla
Mothra Leo
Baragon
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) EmptySat May 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Well, originally I thought no one would really take a swing at making a GODZILLA console game. Unless the movie was a real success of course, turns out it is quite a success! Chances of at least a downloadable console game like PACIFIC RIM seem high enough or fair. I do wonder if one will be announced sometime over the rest of the year.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) EmptySat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Well, I certainly haven't heard anything, not for a while at least; the last rumor I heard was supposed to be a fourth Atari Godzilla fighting game, but that was years ago, so I'm pretty sure that project has been cancelled, if there even was one to begin with.
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) EmptySun May 25, 2014 12:01 am

True, true, I think their rights expired and Pipeworks were having a bit of trouble with Atari. So another game was really out of the question. However, Pipeworks I believe, now has the game rights to make a new Godzilla game.

Their latest one was Godzilla Smash 3, so it's there with them. Although I doubt they'll develop a console game, it would cost a pretty penny, but they know that demand is there. They know that fans and consumers want it. They probably tossed around the idea, but most likely haven't attain enough grounding to greenlight the attempt.

Hope that changes soon!
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) EmptySun May 25, 2014 1:19 am

Personally, I'm glad they didn't try and make a game to tie-in with the movie right away, because it would have been crap; at least if they decide to make a game now they'll have plenty of time to develop it properly.
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
OniGoji

OniGoji

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:46 am

Possibly true yes, it would have either been rushed and terrible, or it would have been rushed and mediocre. But yes, if they made a game now, than there would be more time crunching pressure.
I WANT ONE NOW THOUGH! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)   Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It) Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Gen Godzilla Fighter (Fans Want It)
Page 1 of 1