GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

favorite gamera films

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KING_KAIJU

KING_KAIJU

favorite gamera films Empty
PostSubject: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 2:49 pm

i see that theres no gamera threads in this forum yet so i decided to post one and what better way to start than to list your favorite gamera movies. heres mine
#1 gamera 3 awakening of iris
#2 gamera 2 attack of the legion
#3 gamera gaurdian of the universe
#4 gamera vs barugon
#5 gamera vs guirin
#6 gamera vs jiger
#7 gamera vs gyoas
#8 gamera super monster
#9 gamera vs viras
#10 gamera the brave
i know theres two other ones but i havnt seen them so anyways what are your favorites.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 3:55 pm

Well unfortunately I haven't seen many of the Gamera movies, so I can only list my first two choices; Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera vs Guiron.
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
G-Matt

G-Matt

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyThu May 01, 2014 2:53 am

My #1 favorite Gamera movie will always be GOTU. Like with GvsMG74, it was the first one I saw out of the series. I think G2 is a close second.
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:37 am

Hmm....Gamera films while most aren't fair production quality films, it does have gems that even match against both Godzilla and Ultraman.

1. Gamera: GOTU
2. Gamera 2
3. Gamera 3

As no surprise I found the Gamera Trilogy to be the absolute best films, and rightfully deserve to be in my top three. However I find Gamera: GOTU to be my absolute favorite, it serves as a wonderful Gamera origin film, and Gamera and Gyaos's final battle, how well executed, well paced, and amazing it was holds it at the very top. Not to say that the other films lacked that, but they did to some extent to me at least.

4. GAMERA/Gamera the Invincible: The original Gamera movie makes 4th place, it's a pretty decent debut for Gamera and although it tries to mirror Godzilla, as its own thing its pretty unique.

5. Gamera the Brave: Another Gamera movie that's pretty decent, it's necessarily an origin film but it's more of a reboot. Trying to reboot Gamera in the veins of a hero and as a protector, an understandable direction, and the film really shows it. The angle with children can be a bit too much at certain points, very like Rebirth of Mothra series, but I enjoy the film none the less. Great effects, satisfying monster battles, okay pacing, and decent set-up for a new Gamera franchise. If only it succeed. Oh well, hopefully the next upcoming Gamera movie does better.

6. Gamera vs. Gyaos

7. Gamera vs. Barugon

8.  Gamera vs. Viras

9. Gamera Super Monster

10. Gamera vs. Guiron

Last edited by Boogie209 on Thu May 01, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
G-Matt

G-Matt

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:01 am

^You typed Barugon twice there.
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Ah! Typo, I meant to put Guiron, not exactly the best of the films, but entertaining enough!
Back to top Go down
TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Would it be alright if I post a top five favorite Gamera movies list instead of a top ten list?. Smile
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:19 pm

If your list only goes to five, than I don't see any real problem with that. Gamera doesn't exactly have the best vault of monster films, so if your interest doesn't reach that far than it'll be understandable.
Back to top Go down
TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

TheDreadedGodOfKaiju

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:28 am

I'm back and with my top five favorite Gamera movies list. Cool 

1: Gamera 2 - Attack/Advent/Assault Of The Legion (1996)

2: Gamera 3 - Revenge Of Iris/The Awakening Of Iris (1999)

3: Gamera Vs Barugon (1966)

4: Gamera Vs Gyaos (1967)

5: Gamera - Guardian Of The Universe (1995)

Side Note: List might change randomly in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: favorite gamera films   favorite gamera films Empty

Back to top Go down

favorite gamera films
Page 1 of 1