GORMARU-ISLAND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GORMARU-ISLAND

Welcome to GORMARU ISLAND, an island hub that hosts a generally peaceful community of stability and order for all daikaiju fans who enjoy GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, PACIFIC RIM, and any other monstrosities out there! The island is yours, come join us!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath   godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:52 am

Pretty much in the same note that Gareth Edwards had spoken, I'm very surprised at how many in the closet Godzilla fans there are out there. Every since GODZILLA was produced into reality, they've been turning up more faster and numerous than wild Pokemon in the grass. I guess the best way to describe it would be like: You being a fan of something in a sea full of non-fans, only to find out that those seemingly non-fans are also fans of what you like. Its kind like MIB, the people around you may seem like normal people, but underneath that shroud, you'll be surprised at how different that view changes once you learn the truth.

But what's more interesting besides the hidden fans, are the upcoming next generation of Godzilla fans. I can't help think of how many will be introduced and expand the fandom. I doubt some of them will invest in seeing the older films, while others will surely embrace looking at them. (Especially with all of the re-releases going around this year) It shall be quite an interesting turn out.
-------------------------------------------

The Aftermath of GODZILLA, I can't help but chuckle a little when thinking about the potential possibilities that may comes from GODZILLA if it's both a well received movie and a financial success. We could perhaps get an animated series? Maybe several more forms of merchandise, a few more Godzilla re-releases on Blu-Ray/DVD, and perhaps more Toho Godzilla films as well. The greatest keep we can attain from this besides the other listings is that Godzilla is be extremely relevant upon the general audience and newcomers. This could bring a much brighter future for our icon, allowing another age of Godzilla to bloom within the states and of course Japan.
Back to top Go down
https://gormaruisland.forumotion.com
Razor286

Razor286

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath   godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:03 pm

I potentially find the next generation of Godzilla fans to be much more welcoming than the previous one from the late 90's. Granted, the last batch grew up from the release of GINO, so they weren't properly exposed to Godzilla. But now, with GODZILLA, we'll be having a proper batch of new fans. And hopefully they'll take a pleasant interest within Godzilla's entire legacy and films. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath   godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath EmptyThu May 22, 2014 10:02 pm

AFTERMATH(Thus Far)

Thus far GODZILLA has generally been a great success! Ranging with positive to mixed critic success but generally a financial payoff that has earned not only a sequel, but a Trilogy!

Yes that is right folks, despite Gareth Edwards being tied to do the upcoming Star Wars Spin-Off, Legendary Pictures has confirmed that the young director is still attached to GODZILLA. Not only will he be covering the sequel, but he will also be tied to an entire GODZILLA Trilogy! Godzilla's future is looking quite bright my friends!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118693

Legendary Confirms Gareth Edwards Still Attached to Godzilla Sequel

The big news of the day is that Godzilla helmer Gareth Edwards will be directing a mystery Star Wars film for release on December 16, 2016. What does that mean, though, for another big screen adventure with the King of Monsters? ComingSoon.net's ShockTillYouDrop.com has an update straight from Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull.

“Gareth's filmmaking talent makes him one of his generation's most creative and visionary directors,” says Tull. “The plan has always been for Gareth to direct a different film before we started on another 'Godzilla,' but who knew it would be a 'Star Wars' installment? We have a great plan in store for 'Godzilla' fans and I am looking forward to seeing Gareth’s imprint on the 'Star Wars' universe.”

The Hollywood Reporter goes on to say that Edwards is attached not only to a Godzilla sequel, but for a full Godzilla trilogy.

Back to top Go down
G-Matt

G-Matt

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath   godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:00 am

Awesome news! I just hope they'll take their time with the sequels to make as great as the first movie, if not even better! Smile
Back to top Go down
Boogie209
Admin
Boogie209

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath   godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:53 pm

I hope Gareth improves on his approach for the sequel, while it is respectable for him to restraint from splashing nothing but spectacle on the screen for the first film. But for a sequel? He'll need to cut loose a bit and provide much more action. And with Godzilla having been revealed, there's no longer any need to hide him or tease him.

Teasing his next opponent for the sequel is fair, but not Godzilla himself during his second outing.
Back to top Go down
AdventDestiny
AdventDestiny

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath   godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:31 pm

I'm sure, considering his interest in recreating Monster Island, combined with the fact that Legendary supposedly already obtained the rights for several other Toho kaiju, that they'll be plenty of other monsters to tease, and it would probably make the most sense to start with teasing the adversary, which is pretty much all but guaranteed to be a classic, in the exact opposite of the approach of the first film, which focused on the Muto early on, while taking it's time to reveal Godzilla till near the final act.
Back to top Go down
http://adventdestiny.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath   godzilla - Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Generation of Godzilla Fans and GODZILLA's Aftermath
Page 1 of 1